Appetizers & Wine .. A NESTed Surprise..
Once again, we will be using those wonderful wonton wrappers to create an amazing appetizer!
This is a wonderful, easy appetizer dish your guests will LOVE!
Enjoy! Look forward to hearing your comments!
Makes 18 appetizers
- Frozen Pastry Puff – I purchase Pastry Puffs cut to 5″ squares. Makes it easy!
- 9 ounce Goat Cheese with Black Pepper
- 1 orange – remove 2 teaspoons orange zest & 2 teaspoons juice
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten.
- 18 Spinach leaves
- 1 cup Eagles Nest Winery Merlot- for drinking while cooking!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take the Frozen Pastry Puff Squares, cut into a X (Cross). Make 4 squares. If you want them larger, make larger squares.
- Filling: in a bowl combine orange zest, juice and goat cheese.
- Layout each individual square. Place one spinach leaf, place the Goat Cheese mixture on top.
- Brush edges of Pastry Puff with water to help form a seal.
- Fold each Pastry Puff square into a triangle, gently pressing edges to form a seal. Use the tip of a fork to help form a seal.
- Place NESTed Surprises onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the NESTed Surprises with lightly beaten egg yolk.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.or
- If Freezing, bake for 7 minutes, cool & freeze. When ready to use, finish cooking in the oven at 400 degrees until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Make & freeze to serve to friends & family!
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains both original and copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, health, wine and wine industry issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond ‘fair use’, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. If you are the copyright holder and feel that this use does not fit under the clause mentioned above, then please let us know and we will remove this from our site. Please consider that your material is cited or hyperlinked to you URL improving your site’s search engine rankings and your Internet presence. We appreciate link backs for this same reason. Thank you.